Summer Sips: Passion Lemonade Iced Tea {Skinny Starbucks Copy}

Is it just me or do you always find the best summer things just as summer is coming to a close? Maybe it is just trying to hold on to the last little wonderful bits of summertime. Either way, I found my new obsession summer drink: Passion Lemonade Iced Tea. There is no doubt for the next month you will find me sipping one of these next to the pool every day possible. Whether or not you have tried the Starbucks version, you need to try this Passion Lemonade Iced Tea. It is the perfect amount of sweet and tangy and SO refreshing for these humid August days.
Passion Lemonade Iced Tea {Starbucks Copy}  :: Reddy Or Knot
Try not to spill your tea like I did while pouring it!

Don't get me wrong, I like Starbucks as a special occasion, meeting up with friends treat but I just can't justify the price for an every day thing.  Especially not when the copy is so easy and so much healthier! A Grande (16 oz) Passion Lemonade Iced Tea at Starbucks has 33g Carbs (33g of sugar! Ah!) and costs $2.95 compared to 4g carbs and a whopping $0.74 for 16 oz of the homemade version!  Plus Starbucks uses the same Tazo brand Passion tea! (Be sure to pick the teabags up at Wal-Mart instead of Starbucks...they are cheaper there!)
Passion Lemonade Iced Tea :: Reddy Or Knot
Passion Lemonade Iced Tea :: Reddy Or Knot
Passion Lemonade Iced Tea
Adapted From: Starbucks
Ingredients:
1 Tazo Passion Tea Bag (I got mine at Wal-Mart)
8 oz. Water
8 oz. Lemonade (I use Minute Maid Just 15)
1/2 t SF Vanilla Syrup (I use Torani)
Ice
Directions:
Place tea bag in boiling water and seep for five minutes*
Place tea in freezer until cold. (Usually 20-30 minutes.  You can do this step in advance to save time)
Fill a shaker** with tea, lemonade, and vanilla syrup.  Fill to the top with ice.
Shake vigorously at like 10 shakes. ::Don't skip this step! Honestly, it does make a difference in the flavor!::
Enjoy over ice...preferably near the pool or ocean ;)

Passion Lemonade Iced Tea {Starbucks Copy}  :: Reddy Or Knot
*I must be clueless but when Rob showed me that I could make tea using the Keurig I was shocked!  Simply put water in Keurig like normal and run through into a coffee mug using no filter.  Then seep your tea bag like normal.  So quick and easy!

**Being 100% honest, I normally use a Protein Shake cup without the blender ball instead of a shaker to shake my tea.  It is big enough to fit everything, seals tight to easily shake, and is easier to wash...just not as pretty for pictures ;)

5 comments

  1. This sounds so good, I love mixing lemonade and iced tea in the summer.

    xxx
    Jaclyn
    http://www.loveandbellinis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely making this. passion tea is my favorite thing from starbucks.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.