Taco Bites

My mom claims that everything I cook now is in muffin tins but I just can't help it...they make perfect portion sizes!!  Rob was out golfing so I threw these taco bites together quick when he was on his way home.  They take 30 minutes tops and are seriously amazing.  I think the best part is the melty queso layer in the middle but the hot salsa and the flavorful taco meat all make it.   Size in pictures can be kind of deceiving but these are actually pretty big and definitely filling.  I cut myself off at three and was totally satisfied with just that.  (I forgot to make a side dish!)
Taco Bites
Adapted from: Emily Bites
Ingredients:
1/4 lb Ground Beef, browned and seasoned
1/4 T Taco Seasoning
12 Wonton Wrappers
4 T Queso
3/4 cup Salsa
1/2 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese
Directions:
Brown meat and season with taco seasoning.
Pre-heat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin lightly with cooking spray.
Press a wonton wrapper into six cups on muffin tin.
Add a spoonful of queso to each cup and spread evenly along bottom.  (This should use half of queso)
Add a spoonful to meat to each cup.  (Again this should use half of meat)
Add a spoonful of salsa to each cup. (Half salsa)
Sprinkle with cheese. (Half cheese)
Press another wonton wrapper on top of each cup, making sure corners are opposite bottom wonton wrapper.
Repeat above steps adding queso, meat, salsa, and cheese.
Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes until edges are golden brown.  Let cool for three minutes before removing from muffin tin.

WW Points +: 3 per taco bite
(Makes six taco bites)

3 comments

  1. I'm starting to like cooking in muffin tins myself. Good way of controlling portion size, but still can't control how many are eaten :) Love the taco bites! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats cause its brilliant you cant go wrong with wonton wrappers!!! These look fab girly!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy!!I am onto muffin tins as well, usually weekends.
    I am your new follower :-) Meriem

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.