Friday Favorites

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Treat Yo Self!" is the name of the game!  Sometimes you just need a little extrinsic motivation and hot pink sneakers and the polar fitness watch I've been eyeing were just the push I needed for my next challenge.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Tone It Up Bikini Series!  I'm super excited to mix this challenge into my usual routine.  I have been a part of the Tone It Up Community for about two years and their philosophies on food, exercise, and life are very closely related to mine (now if only my abs could look like theirs! haha).  I plan to incorporate some parts of this challenge (the bombshell spells, the bootycall workouts, the daily challenges) with my normal 21 Day Fix routine (the meal plan, the workouts, etc).  I plan to post most of my check-ins here so come follow along!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Shutterfly books are a labor of love but when I see that bright orange package in the mail, it makes it all completely worthwhile!  I wish I could say I am one of those people who can just upload the photos and hit "complete" but we all know I am a little too much of a perfectionist for that!  Trying to sort through 14,000 photos and narrow down to 20 pages worth is also a struggle!  BUT looking through the pages of our yearly books makes me so nostalgic and grateful for this beautiful life we've created.  I make a book for each year and our 2014 book finally arrived in the mail this week.  It's been so much fun looking at all of our books and reminiscing over our favorite places and memories.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In an effort to pre-plan on a crazy busy weekday, I threw this super simple white turkey chili in the crockpot and it really saved the day!  It made enough for two big servings that night, and then two mason jars full to put in the freezer for "dinner in a pinch".  To make it, I browned some ground turkey (maybe like 2lbs?) and threw it in the crockpot with a can of salsa verde (I used this one), a mason jar of bone broth (beef broth would work fine too!), a chopped onion, a chopped green pepper, some cumin and some chili powder.  I let it cook all day long and then topped it with greek yogurt and fresh mozzarella for dinner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last night we went to Harvest Grill to celebrate Blair's birthday and everything was delicious!  I had pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes, grilled brussel sprouts, and bacon and completely cleared my plate!  And the bread pudding that they brought out for dessert?  Amazing!

16 comments

  1. I love my Polar Watch it is amazing!! Hope you like yours :) I love making Shutterfly books of pics… they get me so excited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love it so far! I think I just have to get used to wear a watch/band because it rubbed a little bit. But other than that, I'm excited for it!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of yearly photo books. And I found a really cool 21 Day Fix app. It was $3, but it lets you track your number of servings, meals, and water intake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I'll have to look for it! I had a great one for a while but it got taken out of the app store so I am in the market for a new tracking app

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to see how the challenge goes for you - I really love the TIU girls and their videos!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  4. I love the yearly photo book idea, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fun to look back on! It's crazy how easy, even with social media, it is to forget all the wonderful things that happened in a year!

      Delete
  5. I love my Polar watch!! And I hear you...I totally go down the rabbit hole every time I use Shutterfly! Ha! I'm sure your books look amazing though :)

    kyliemcgraw.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's great to hear about loving your Polar watch! And rabbit hole is the PERFECT way to describe it! So much work but so worth it!

      Delete
  6. Mmmm I love bread pudding! Those shoes are a ROCKING color, girl! For real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! When I saw that bright pink, I knew I couldn't pass them up!

      Delete
  7. Love the pink sneaks! I need to make a photo book too - we have so many pictures though that the task just seems daunting! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a daunting task but worth it! My goal for this year is to do a page a month so that at the end of the year, it's all done! Except that I'm four months behind on that goal....oops! haha

      Delete
  8. Love those shoes and I have been wanting to get a heart rate monitor watch. I will so follow along with you on that bikini challenge, I haven't heart of it before but I am down for anything that promotes health and fitness :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4/16/2015

    I've been meaning to make yearly photo books, they're so fun to look at! Love that idea.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.