Galentine's Day Party + First Winging Party

Last week was jam-packed with fun events!  It was one of those weeks that proves how lucky we are to live in this tiny town with such wonderful people. Tuesday night was a VT-7 Valentine's Day social.  All the husbands had been given surveys at work to fill out secretly with questions about their wife/relationship.  At the social, the girls were given the same survey and had to fill it out guessing how their husband's answered the questions.  Some of the funny answers were read out and then we were given our husband's sheets to compare.  So many funny answers and it was awesome to see how similar (and simple!) the guys are.
NAS Meridian VT-7 Flight School
Wednesday night, I hosted a Galentine's Day themed Wine Wednesday at my house.  (Any Parks and Rec fans?!)  It was so nice to get together for some wine + girl time.  I made mini chicken and waffles, funfetti dip, strawberry rhubarb puff pastry, rolo pretzels, and chocolate cherry cookies.
Galentine's Day Party
Strawberry Rhubarb Puff Pastry
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chicken and Waffle Minis
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Thursday was exciting because it was officially the first winging of people we are friends with in Meridian.  So it begins!  (Winging is when you finish with flight school and officially get your wings and become a pilot)  The winging party was held in a hangar at the Meridian airport, which I thought was an awesome location.  The only downside? No heat!  The party was so much fun and it was so exciting thinking that this will be Rob not too long from now!  Rob was actually scheduled as duty driver so I went along with him on his drives and we drove home not one but THREE Hokies!  Such a small world :)  We got home around 2am and I had to wake up at 5am for my flight to Philly but it was totally worth it!
Meridian Winging Party

7 comments

  1. Tat Q & A session sounds like it would turn out hilariously! I bet that was a blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the answers were hilarious! I got 9.5 out of 12 correct which I was pretty happy with!

      Delete
  2. this social looks like a blast!! and funfetti dip!! my word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needless to say, after last week's overindulgence on sweets I needed a sugar detox! haha Totally worth it!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you girls had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm majorly jealous of the camaraderie of the unit at the school. It's so great y'all get together so often. And is Olivia Kingma there? I thought I saw her in one of your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny Lisa, yes, I am friends with Olivia here! Did you know her at VT?! She is such a sweetheart!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.