Simple and Healthy Butternut Squash Bowl

I usually stick to a basic sandwich for lunch but sometimes I crave something fancier.  This week, even though it is still in the 80s here, I am in total fall mode.  Fall flavors, fall scents, fall activities....I'm obsessed.  I wanted something special for lunch that was filled with fall flavors and colors but still healthy.  This butternut squash bowl did the trick!  The best part?  I made a big batch on Sunday and portioned it out for the week so lunchtime prep is minimal!
21 Day Fix approved butternut Squash bowl
The directions are pretty loose because you can't really mess this up.  Just add as much of each as desired.
Butternut Squash Bowl
Ingredients:
Butternut squash, roasted
Kale, sautéed
Quinoa
Dried Cranberries
Italian Sausage, cut into coins

Directions:
Roast your butternut squash, cook your quinoa, sauté your kale, and cook your sausage.  Mix everything together.  Top with cranberries and feta cheese.

Since I am following the 21 Day Fix, I used the containers to measure my portions.  I used 1 green for squash and kale, 1/2 yellow for quinoa, 1 red for sausage, and 1/2 purple for cranberries.

What are your favorite fall flavors?


Linking up with WIAW

5 comments

  1. YUM! I don't eat sausage but think I could come up with something else to fill that place. I love butternut squash and could eat it everyday! I usually roast up at least one a week! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so yummy! Perfect combination of fall flavors!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect for fall! i love the use of quinoa in this hearty dish! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! I make something like it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I want this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.