D O :: Pensacola Air Show 2013

While it is a well known fact that I suffer severely from FOMO, I learned the hard way that I also suffer from another equally painful disorder, PVB: Post Vacation Blues.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When we got home last week, I just could not shake this weird funk I was in.  No matter how late I slept in, I still felt tired.  I was bored yet had no energy to do anything.  Nothing was wrong, I just wasn't in a good mood.  I just felt...off.  Rob diagnosed it as Post Vacation Blues and I immediately felt relief.  I wasn't dying...this weird mood was normal!  We had been surrounded by people 24/7 for the last two weeks; celebrating and overindulging.  I was exhausted, but couldn't admit it because I wanted the good times to last.  It was painful to say goodbye and come back to our quiet apartment and quiet routine.  Not to mention it was raining, and would continue raining for days!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Notice me in the reflection of Rob's sunglasses? ha ha
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Now that I had been diagnosed, I decided to allow myself to embrace my vacation hangover - just for one more day.  I laid in bed and read (this), Rob and I ordered pizza, pulled out all of our blankets and pillows and watched Netflix.  The next morning I forced myself to go to the gym.  We went to Pensacola Beach for the air show and I saw the sun again.  I even penciled in our next visitors and got excited making plans.  I was back to normal!  Post Vacation Blues -- consider yourself beat (this time!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As I post this I can see how silly Post Vacation Blues are...especially since I practically live on vacation.  But just like FOMO, there is no talking me down from the blues.  Please tell me I am not the only one who suffers from PVB?!?

7 comments

  1. way to beat PVB - you're so strong! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to overcome the diagnosis - way to fight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/16/2013

    I definitely suffer from it as well! It's a horrible thing, and I hope you recover quickly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need a support group ;) I recovered this time but no promises in the future ha ha

      Delete
  4. PVBs are the worst. I always come back wondering what the heck I'm doing with my life. haha

    kristen
    www.beholdthemetatron.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad it's not just me. Having to go straight back to work makes it even worse...I am always thinking "yeah, I don't want to be here" Thank goodness it's summertime

      Delete
  5. We like to called them PED's (post event depression)!! Man, they're so bad after vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.