D O :: Indoor Shooting Range

Rob got home from his first FEX late on Thursday night and was more than ready to catch up on some much needed sleep.  I was just glad to have him home!  He got a little bit of every type of weather over the four days; only in Virginia does it snow, rain, and hit 70 degrees all in the same week.  I can't imagine sleeping outside in the rain, I don't know how they do it. I came across a couple of pictures of him doing some field first aid.  How about those "bloody" hands!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
On Saturday, Rob took me to the range to shoot the pistol.  Rob practically shoots guns for a living and my family has always had guns but this was my first time ever shooting one.  I was really excited to go so it was completely shocking when I got in there and almost started crying.  I have no idea why but I was just so scared.  It was loud and shells were flying everywhere and I started doubting that I was even brave enough to try it.  I could not get my hands to stop shaking!  Rob was great and helped me a ton.  He is so strict about gun safety (I swear I heard "finger off the trigger" a thousand times) which was exactly what I needed being nervous.  I think I need a lot more practice, but at least now I know what it feels like.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Let's just say I plan on leaving the protecting to Rob. No wonder I sleep so much better when he is home ;)

1 comment

  1. I felt the same way the first time I went shooting, it was really scary! The thought of having control over something so powerful was a total adrenaline rush. I haven't done it since, but I think I feel a little better knowing there are guns in our house now that I know how to handle one.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.