Ranch Cheeseburger Sliders

When I was younger, my mom used to always use a glass to cut hamburger buns out of wonder bread if we didn't have any.  I used to think this was so horribly lame and embarrassing and just hate it.  Today I realized this idea is GENIUS for getting rid of excess bread (read: points) that come from all those buns on sliders.  So here I was...cutting around the glasses to make perfect skinny hamburger buns, rolling my eyes at that bratty child who thought she was too cool for diy burger buns ;)

Cutting the buns out is super easy.  Simply take a juice glass and trace along the edge with a knife on a roll up.  I could get six buns out of one roll up.  (I used the left over scraps of roll up to make baked tortilla chips...hey I don't like to waste points!)

Ranch Cheeseburger Sliders
Ingredients:
1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 TSP Ranch Dressing Mix
12 Slider Buns (made from 2 Roll Ups)
2 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, Garlic and Herb
Green and Red Peppers, thin slices
Onion, thin sliced
Directions: 
Using glass and two roll up, trace and cut out 12 slider sized buns.  Put off to side.
Mix ranch powder into ground beef.
Divide ground beef into six even pieces and form patties.
Put peppers and onion on grill to cook.
Grill burgers.
Add 1/3 cheese wedge to each burger.
Place on slider buns, top with peppers and onions.

WW Points + : 6 for three sliders

Ranch sliders served with grilled pineapple and beergarita.

3 comments

  1. Rachel @lifeasmrs6/27/2012

    oh good idea using the roll ups! And love that you have to pair it with the beergarita! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow such a great idea! I will have to try this out for sure. and HELLO that pineapple looks amazing! Just found your blog and have loved looking around and getting to know you better. You're adorable and I can't wait to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/28/2012

    I'm SO glad I found your blog because every entry, I just fall more in love. You have such original ideas and I can't wait to make these.

    Evani

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.