Sweet Potato Walnut Mason Jar Salad

Mason jar salads are my go-to for quick and easy prepped lunches.  I'm obsessed with how fresh the keep everything and it's so easy to customize them to never get bored.  This week, I made sweet potato walnut jar salads and they turned out delicious.  I used mega mason jars (thank goodness for Irish Wake glasses!) to make big salads and they were super satisfying for lunch.
Mason Jar Salads
Making homemade dressing takes two extra minutes of work but really makes the salad.  Plus you aren't getting all the sugar and chemical additive junk that comes that regular dressing.  The recipe makes enough for four large jar salads so prep them for the week or share them with loved ones.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Can't beat greens fresh from the garden!
21 Day Fix Mason Jar Salad
Sweet Potato Walnut Mason Jar Salad
Ingredients:
1 Large Roasted Sweet Potato, cubed
2 Apples, cut into matchsticks
4 Cups Kale, Lettuce, Spinach Mix
1 Cup Toasted Walnuts
Honey Mustard Dressing (see recipe below)
Directions:
Blend dressing and pour evenly into the bottom of four large mason jars.
Add walnuts to each jar.
Add apples and sweet potatoes.
Add lettuce, kale, and spinach.
Seal with lid and place in fridge.
Shake well and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Walnut Salad
Honey Mustard Dressing
Ingredients:

2 T Honey
2 T Mustard

2 T Chopped Onion
1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Directions:
Add honey, mustard, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper to blender and blend until smooth.
Turn to low and slowly add olive oil until emulsified.

5 comments

  1. This looks delicious! I love ideas like this they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun and so easy! I love being able to just grab a jar out of the fridge and lunch is ready. Makes it much easier to stay on track!

      Delete
  2. Do your salads last longer when you store them in mason jars? I have trouble keeping greens fresh for more than a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Almost shockingly so! I hate soggy greens and I feel like greens only stay fresh for a few days in my fridge so I was hesitant to try mason jar salads! But I think everything stays SO much more crisp in the jars! I always do dressing, crunchy veggies/fruits/nuts, soft veggies/fruits, then greens and everything stays fresh and separate until you are ready to mix!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Thanks for sharing! Love a good mason jar salad -- especially when they're in McGuire's Irish Wake jars ;)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.