It's beginning to look a lot like....

One of the great things about Rob not being scheduled to fly is being able to have impromptu long weekends!  When the schedule came out Thursday night saying "not scheduled" for Friday, I knew we had to take advantage.  The Junior League of Jackson was having their Christmas Market and I heard great things about it from a friend in Pensacola.  The shopping in Meridian is minimal so I was crossing my fingers to knock out a bunch of Christmas shopping.  We woke up early and drove to Jackson, hoping to beat the crowds.  Of course a stop at Starbucks first was a MUST!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I warned Rob to wear comfortable shoes because my plan was to "shop til we drop" and we definitely did.  We covered every inch of Mistletoe Market and then headed to Bass Pro Shop and the outlets.  After knocking out 3/4 of shopping list (and being exhausted!), we decided to call the shopping day a success and head to dinner.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dinner was the start of my love affair with Jackson, Mississippi!  I did a little google search and came across a bunch of great reviews for Babalu.  The restaurant was cool and hip, with I Love Lucy episodes playing on a big screen, and everything on the menu looked delicious.  Rob and I ended up splitting pork belly tacos and the Baba burger because we just could not decide.  (Babalu is a taco place but the burger was insanely good!)  The food comes out as it is ready, so splitting plates is not a bad idea here in general.  The pork belly queso was also amazing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After dinner, we headed to Whole Foods (with our cold bags) to pick up a couple of staples to bring back to Meridian.  I know it sounds silly but I just love walking around Whole Foods and looking at everything!  We noticed in the same shopping center as Whole Foods, a Kate Spade store and a Pure Barre just opened, and a Lululemon store is opening later this month.  Needless to say, this pushed me over the edge and I think trips to Jackson will become more frequent!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Saturday our main focus was to knock out our Christmas card photos.  Christmas cards are a big deal to me and I knew that if I wanted to get them all addressed and sent out by December 1st, I needed to get them ordered ASAP.  So we took some pictures (self-timer for the win!) and I spent a little few hours picking and designing a card.  Being a seriously indecisive perfectionist makes the process way more difficult than it needs to be ;)  BUT the cards are ordered and on their way so I will call this whole weekend a success!  You'll have to wait on the cards but the picture above is a little sneak peek!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After a super productive weekend, it was nice to relax on Sunday.  We did the usual meal prep, Sam's Club run, and yoga and then spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching football and reading.

3 comments

  1. That restaurant sounds absolutely delicious!! And I Love Lucy episodes? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the Christmas card photos! And Fayetteville's League Holly Day Fair was this past weekend. That might be the only thing I miss from there (okay, maybe Cook Out, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. whole foods is my hobby too! i spend way too much time and money just exploring. (and eating sample in the cheese aisles.)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.