Chicken Tortilla Soup and Quesadillas

I have to admit--I have nothing to compare this to because I have never tried tortilla soup before.  HOWEVER, Rob loves it and he said that it tasted delicious.  Plus this is a little out of my plain range and even I liked it so that must say something.  The best part about this meal was I did all of the preparation the night before so when we got home from work, the house smelled delicious and I didn't have to do much at all to have a full dinner.  I will admit that left me time to take a nap after work :)  Also, it is okay if your proportions are a little off--it all just gets mixed together and works out fine!  This soup was filling and flavorful.  Paired with a quesadilla, it made a great Mexican Monday meal.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
Adapted from: Eat Yourself Skinny
Ingredients:
1/2 lb shredded, cooked chicken
1/2 can (~7 oz) whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
1/2 can (~5 oz) enchilada sauce (I used medium)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can (4 oz) green chiles
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup water
7 oz chicken broth
1/2 TSP cumin
1 bay leaf
1/2 TSP chili powder
5 oz frozen corn
1 T chopped cilantro
10 Baked Tortilla chips Scoops
Directions:
Boil chicken and shred.
Mix together all ingredients (except tortilla scoops) in a bowl.  Cover with tinfoil and put in fridge.  (Unless cooking today, then pour into crockpot).
In the morning, pour into crockpot.  Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.  (A little extra time doesn't change anything--mine cooked for about 10 hours on low)
Scoop into bowl and add a few tortilla chips to the top. 

Tip: If you haven't tried these slow cooker liners, you need to immediately.  They are the greatest!  Cleaning the crockpot can be so tedious, but I just throw one of these in and cook like normal then pull it out when I'm done and throw it away.  It makes for a two second clean up.  I definitely recommend.  

WW Points+: 3 for 2 cups


Quesadilla
Ingredients:
2 La Tortilla low carb tortillas
1/3 cup mexican blend cheese
1 T low fat sour cream
Tomatoes
Onions

WW Points+: 5 per quesadilla

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.