On Wednesdays, we drink wine!

I knew I was going to be just fine in Meridian when I realized the wives have a Facebook page completely dedicated to "Wine Wednesday".  Not only is there an organized Wine Wednesday, but they have one every single week!  I have always heard that small towns end up being some of the best places to be stationed because it's a tight-knit community on base and I'm realizing this is tru.
fall theme wine wednesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The way Wine Wednesday works here in someone volunteers to host each week.  No rules about who, where, or how often, you can just pick a Wednesday that works for you and host.  The host provides snacks, everyone brings wine, and it's a low key way to get together and hang out.  One of the best parts about living on base is being able to walk down the street to Wine Wednesday when the host also lives on base!
maple bacon cupcakes
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
diy cheese ball
I decided to go with a fall theme for my Wine Wednesday.  I made pumpkin cookies (I used to beg my mom to make these every fall!), a cheese ball with sweet potato chips, maple bacon cupcakes, and spiked caramel apple cider.   The cheese ball was such a hit, and everyone kept saying it was too cute to cut.  If you are looking for a cute and easy fall appetizer, this is it.  (Recipe taken from my mom)  Shred a block of Cracker Barrel sharp white cheddar cheese and mix it with a block of cream cheese, a couple shakes of garlic powder, and a shake of red pepper flakes and mix until smooth.  Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.  Roll into a ball and roll in paprika until fully covered.  Refrigerate for at least an hour.  Stick a cinnamon stick and a bay leave in the top and take out 10 minutes before serving.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We had a great turn out and Rob (who was studying in the back room office) said all he could hear all night was constant giggling. Typical! We even brought out the apple pie moonshine for tasting...but clearly we need to just stick to wine...and maybe take pictures before everything gets a little blurry ;)

4 comments

  1. What a super fun event - I love that it is a weekly thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha moonshine will do that to you! I love your theme, and I want bacon cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha moonshine will do that to you! I love your theme, and I want bacon cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/13/2014

    Hahahaha the last pictures are so great! Looks like a super fun time :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.