G E T A W A Y :: San Jose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The last five days have been spent surrounded by family in sunny San Jose to celebrate Pat and Dena's wedding.  Pat is Rob's cousin and was in our wedding so of course we were thrilled when we found out we were able to make it to his wedding!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Days were spent brunching and lounging by the pool, drinking straw-ber-ritas.  Nights were filled with fun wedding festivities.  This was my first time in San Jose so I loved taking it all in!  It has such a cool west coast vibe, while still feeling a little east coast familiar.  The views of the mountains were just breathtaking all over the city.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I am just a total sucker for weddings and this one was no different.  I love when weddings completely fit the personality of the bride and groom.  From music to venue, details to overall vibe, I want to be surrounded by things the bride and groom love, ignoring the idea of what weddings "must look like".  This wedding was the perfect example of that!  Their readings included a poem by Shel Silverstein and Cowboy Junkies lyrics, and Mumford and Sons (below!) blasted after they were announced as husband and wife.  At one part in the ceremony, Pat and Dena surprised everyone by playing the ukelele and singing.  They had 40 dozen cookies as their wedding sweets and even brewed their own beer for the reception!  The beer had such creative names such as "Hoppily Ever After", "Something Borrowed, Something Brewed", and "Wear White Wheat"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 Pat and Dena wrote their own vows and when they read them, there was not a dry eye in the crowd.  Their words were so personal yet easy to relate to and their stories just showed how real their love is for each other.  Rob said something to me that was exactly what I was thinking: I like hearing people's vows because I mean all those things, I can just never find the words to say them.  Being at weddings almost feels like committing myself all over again.  And I think that is always a good thing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Rob was absolutely smitten by this precious baby Mila all weekend.  He could not put her down!  But with those cheeks, can you blame him?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We had a great time singing and dancing the night away, and even got the DJ to play Wagon Wheel for all of us southern folks ;)  I am so lucky to have married into this wonderful family (almost a year and a half ago!) and am excited for Dena to be the newest "newbie"!  Now we are home just long enough to catch our breath before we are off to Richmond for wedding number two!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments

  1. Paradise on a beach and a wedding = perfection! Glad yall are having fun! I just got major vacation envy ;)

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty area! I don't really like LA but would love to explore the rest of southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely! This looks like such a great time. The wedding beer totally made me smile :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I loved the wedding beer too...the calories/carbs part really got me! So cute and creative!

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhhh, so fun!!! I am so sad that just about all our friends and close relatives are married....I am missing going to weddings like this! You guys looked like you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7/04/2013

    LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A BLAST!!! LOVE YOUR OUTFITS

    https://styleandcreations.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos girl! It looks like you had such a fun time!! :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I stumbled across your blog through Simply Clarke's page, on the "Wildcard Wednesdays" blog hop! I love your blog, it is so cute! I am looking forward to following your adventures :) be sure to check out my blog at http://foreverconvinced.blogspot.com/

    -Jess @ Forever Convinced

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love weddings also!! I swear I cry at every wedding, even if I don't know them very well! The dress you wore is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! And I totally always cry too...I'm such a sap!

      Delete
  9. Newest follower via the link up on Simply Clarke. Love weddings & love wedding weekend vacays even more! Looks like an awesome wedding and love the home brewed beer - what a fun touch. Also love the Mumford song :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another new follower here! What a gorgeous wedding & vacation - you look so happy in each pic! Looking forward to reading more from you :)

    - Ashley @ http://eightsonthemove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow beautiful photos!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.