Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips

I have seen a ton of recipes for fruit salsa popping up all over the place but just kind of threw my recipe together based on the fruit I had on hand.  There are so many variations so feel free to use whatever fruit/jam you have on hand.  The sugar pulls the juices out of fruit and the lemon juice helps the apples from browning.  This fruit salsa is addicting.  It's sweet and fruity and so versatile for the summer.  The cinnamon pita chips can be a little difficult to find but they do sell them -- I did not see them at Wal-mart, Giant, or Shoppers but did find them at Target.  This is an easy recipe to make the night before summer parties or sports picnics and put in the fridge until needed.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Fruit Salsa
Ingredients:
1 Package of Strawberries (medium sized)
3 Kiwi
1 Fuji Apple
1 T Lemon Juice
2 T Strawberry Preserves
2 T Sugar
Directions:
Chop all fruit into small pieces.  Coat apple pieces in lemon juice.
Mix all ingredients together until well mixed.
Refrigerate for at least an hour and serve with cinnamon pita chips.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments

  1. Trader Joe's has DELICIOUS cinnamon sugar pita chips! I actually love ALL their pita chips - the Parmesan, garlic, and herb are also amazing. Shop there if you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thanks for the tip! We don't have Trader Joe's super close by but I will remember this when we make the trip!!

      Delete
  2. Yum. I love pita chips of any kind. I normally have a hard time finding the cinnamon ones so I just make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making them is such a great idea!!! I guess it was kind of lazy (and time consuming!) to go to three different stores instead of just making them...I just did NOT want to turn on my oven! ha ha

      Delete
  3. Oooh that sounds like it would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.