Delta Delta Delta 40th Reunion in Blacksburg

This weekend really felt like a dream.  I headed back to Blacksburg with all of my best friends for the Tridelta 40th Reunion.  It seemed like we had never left and it was perfect to all be back together in our favorite town.  I swear I fell in love with Virginia Tech all over again this weekend and feel so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful organization.
sharkey's happy hour
I took off work on Friday and drove down with Molly. When we got into town, we checked into the Main Street Inn and then headed straight to Sharkey's for happy hour. Sharkey's was always our favorite place to get "two dollar doubles" and cheap pitchers.
TOTS blacksburg virginia
After a few drinks at Sharkey's, we walked across the street to TOTS for the reunion registration. This was awesome because we got to see everyone who was back in town for the weekend.
cabo fish taco blacksburg
Of course a trip to Blacksburg would not be complete without soy ginger shrimp tacos and a workman's margarita from Cabo Fish Taco, so we met up with a few more of our closest friends and headed there for dinner before going back to TOTS for the night.
ABP virginia tech
Saturday morning was spent the exact same way as so many hungover college Saturday mornings--at ABP.  ABP is the place to be after a night out on the town and it was funny how many alumni had the exact same plan! (I do miss it being included on my meal plan!!)
virginia tech delta delta delta
tridelta at pylons
War Memorial Chapel
The five of us headed to War Memorial Chapel for a few pictures with the hokie bird and the deltas. From there, we did a little shopping and then got mimosas and bloodys at Boudreaux's.
40th tridelta reunion
Saturday night was filled with singing, dancing and way too many laughs at the reunion dinner at the Inn at Virginia Tech.  Let's just say the older alumni truly still know how to have a good time.  We closed down the Inn and then headed back to TOTS for our last night of rails (Can you guess what our favorite bar in Blacksburg is?!)
Reunion at the Inn at Virginia Tech
I had such an amazing time and could not have asked for a better weekend and am so lucky to call these girls my best friends and sisters. I can only imagine what the 45th reunion will be like! ;)

17 comments

  1. Love this! Looks like a BLAST :) Jealous of your time at Sharkey's and TOTS - I miss Blacksburg so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you understand how amazing Sharkey's and TOTS are! It was crazy to see how much everything stayed the same in Blacksburg and how quickly we fell back into our old routines!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3/25/2013

    Looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a perfect weekend!

      Delete
  3. Love your dress! What a special event. DLAM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Delta Love, Sara!

      Delete
  4. OMG! This make me so happy to see!! I am still super close with my sorority sisters too. It's the BEST to get together and share the bond that NEVER goes away. You ladies looked precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw looks like you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a fun weekend! And I LOVE the chevron letters! So adorable!

    xox
    Haley @ A Long Distance Love
    http://www.a-long-distance-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi found you via the blog hop! now following you via bloglovin

    Natasha @: www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww yay I let out a little shriek when I saw the DDD, I forgot we're sisters ;) What a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharkey'ssssss. I'm amazed I survived their $4 Long Islands during Happy Hour. And I'm so jealous that Tri Delt just turned 40. I remember the 35th anniversary when I was college. Alpha Gam only lasted 5 years, whomp whomp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3/25/2013

    After this post, I'm missing all of my sorority sisters! Thank goodness for a summer full of mini-reunions for weddings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't quite at the wedding phase yet (I am just about the only married one in my friend group) but it will be so exciting once that starts!

      Delete
  12. this is so wonderful! I missed my chapter's 10 year reunion and I was so sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! You will definitely have to go to the next one...it is a great experience!

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Reddy Or Knot . Design by Fearne.